The best press we can get is when our players or parents say nice things about us! But some other organizations have taken notice of how we play beyond the game.
Press about Beyond Sticks:
- TEAM USA: Michelle Kasold of Team USA has been an amazing and consistent supporter of Beyond Sticks. Here is her post from her first clinic with us in 2012.
- Huffington Post: Giving Girls a Sporting Chance a post on how our camps help young women succeed.
- ESPNW: Awarded Chrissy Summers the Toyota Everyday Hero Award on behalf of the work of Beyond Sticks and the non-profit Loudoun County League.
- Intro clip: http://espn.go.com/espnw/w-in-action/article/13845487/honoring-2015-toyota-everyday-heroes
- Receiving the Grant from Toyota: http://espn.go.com/espnw/video/13899213/toyota-awards-2015-everyday-heroes
- Post Award Interview: http://espn.go.com/espnw/w-in-action/article/13897572/toyota-everyday-heroes-emphasize-sports-self-esteem
- ABC7 News at 5: Did a great piece following up the ESPNW award on what it means to play beyond the game.
- Arlington Magazine. We were featured on Neighborhood Watch.
Press about the Loudoun County League:
- FH LIFE: If you build it, they will come is an article Chrissy Summers wrote about how the parents built such a strong league in USA Field Hockey’s quarterly magazine, Fall 2015
- The Washington Post featured the Leagues successful campaign along with Potomac Field Hockey to bring hockey to public schools.
- The Loudoun Times article about the campaign to add field hockey to the public schools.
If you have something to share about a player or former player-please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
For press please contact: email@example.com