Who is running the Loudoun County League (LCL)?
LCL is being led by a committee of dedicated field hockey parents as follows:
- League Coordinator/Play Beyond the Game Liaison: Judy Klock email@example.com
- Registration/Administration: Molly Lynch and Julie Yacura – LoudounCountyLeagueRegistrar@gmail.com
- Field Coordinator/Scheduler: Debbie Bauer, Karen Ryan and Keil Ritterpush
- Equipment Manager: Matt Mattson and Bill Serpico
- Budget Coordinator: Debbie Bauer and Kevin Eller
- Umpire-in-Chief: Derek Ryan
- Public Relations/Marketing: Mike Hackmer and Nicole Sullivan – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach Coordinator: Gary Yacura
- High School Liaison: Molly Lynch and Karen Ryan
- Fundraising: Keil Ritterpush
- Volunteer Coordinator: [Vacant]
- Secretary: [Vacant]
Where will LCL hold practices and games?
Practices and games will be held in Loudoun County, on a combination of grass and turf fields.
How much is the registration fee?
The registration fee will be $160 for the fall season. Register HERE.
Will uniforms be required for practices and games?
Uniforms will be required for games. High School teams may choose to design their own uniform in school colors. At a minimum teams must have a reversible pinnie with light and dark socks. Uniforms are not required for practice, however, it is recommended teams wear pinnies in the event they want to scrimmage.
What is the format for the season?
Practices will begin the second week of September. The first games (scrimmages) will be held Sept. 13, and the regular season will start on September 20th. The season will end the second week of November with the playoff finals. We will play an 11 v 11 format with either 1 hour games (2 – 25 minute halves with a 5 minute break) or 45 minute games (2 – 20 minute halves with a 5 minute break).
Will goalie gear be provided?
While LCL currently has a few sets of goalie gear, we are working towards purchasing more goalie gear. It is very expensive, around $1,000 per set (let us know if you or your company wants to sponsor a goalie!).
Have another question?