2014 Field Hockey Camps & Clinics
|June 16th-20th Camp||8:30 AM -4:30 PM||The Potomac School, McLean, VA||$425|
|July 1st High Performance Clinic||8:30 AM -4:30 PM||The Potomac School, McLean, VA||$90|
|July 2nd High Performance Clinic||8:30 AM-4:30 PM||The Potomac School, McLean, VA||$90|
|July 3rd High Performance Clinic||8:30 AM-12:00 PM||The Potomac School, McLean VA||$45|
|Three Experience Levels Available:||Junior High (Rising 7th & 8th)||Early High School (Rising 9th)||High School (Rising 10th-12th)|
|Early drop off & late pick up available|
Camp is 25 Hours of Hockey! More hockey and better coaching than the typical 3 day camps!
10:1 Player to Coach Ratio.
USA Hockey Sanctioned and able to recommend players for Futures.
Multi-Sport Camps for 3rd through 6th graders
Registration opens for our Youth Camps in January
|June 23rd-27th||9AM-3PM||The Potomac School, McLean, VA||$295|
|July 7th-11th, 14th-18th, 21st-25th, July 28th-August 1st||9AM-3PM||The Potomac School, McLean, VA||$295|
|August 4th-8th||9AM-3PM||The Potomac School, McLean, VA||$295|
You won’t find ANY other sport camp that offers BOTH in-depth technical and leadership training in one.
Camp will transform girls into technically savvy field hockey players…
Beyond Sticks Field Hockey Camps are a multi-day field hockey intensive camp for both new and seasoned players. Only our youth camps incorporate field hockey, lacrosse and soccer. Camps follow a similar route to last year’s very successful model. But this year we have upped our game, so you can too. You will be coached by top college players and coaches and given a revamped tactical schedule covering this years developments to the game. We cover rules, dribbling, passing, hitting, shooting, field positions, corners, and basic defense and offense. We also teach advanced reverse stick skills, throwing and dodges to give you a “Beyond Sticks” edge when you play. Check out the schedule to see our daily tactical lectures.
…and confident young women.
For players entering the 7th grade and above, lunch integrates the “Learning to Lead” workshops. Our workshops give athlete the tools to capture the lessons learned on the field and put them into practice on and off the field. Beyond Sticks has adapted the internationally known DiSC personality assessment curriculum to help the female athletes reach their potential. Find out more about this unique experience.
Lunch sessions in our full day camps cover:
- Understanding your leadership style
- Becoming a better leader with your style
- Making Team Culture Great
- Leadership Goal-setting
- and NEW TOPICS for 2013
On the last day of camp parents are invited to see their girl’s progress in a full field scrimmage.
What did our campers have to say last year?
- “In my opinion, this is the best field hockey camp I’ve been to and will probably always remain the best!”
- “The camp helped me learn so much more in 4 days than in my last four years of hockey.”
- “It is good to have the leadership part, because it is fun to learn about our personalities and it makes everyone more caring!”
- “I learned a lot more at this camp than my entire freshman season.”
- “I would definitely come back because I just love everything this camp has to offer!
- “I had a ton of fun and learned a lot!”
- “It was sooooo much fun! Thanks!”
- end of camp survey responses, 2012
Full week camps are USA field hockey endorsed Camp. We are able to recommend for USA field hockey futures program.